Just in time for summer, there’s a cool new manicure making the rounds. The hourglass manicure is a fun, chic way to show your love of pattern and design. Created by Naja, a celebrity manicurist and a new cast-member on WETV’s top reality show “LA Hair”, this new manicure has all of Hollywood’s top trendsetters buzzing. You can rock this look with two or three colors. I am loving this new manicure as its graphic and has dimension and creates a dynamic look that works well on all nail shapes and sizes!
Tomorrow is the 4th of July which is when all Americans celebrate Independence Day! From BBQs to pool parties and picnics, people across the country gather with family and friends to commemorate the day we gained our independence from Great Britain hundreds of years ago. Well, one surefire way to show your love of country is with an adorably patriotic manicure. Check out this super cute 4th of July inspired nail tutorial!
embedded by Embedded Video
Tribal nails are a huge trend this summer and there are countless patterns, designs and color schemes to choose from. In order to create the perfect tribal nail pattern, you will need to pick a few different polishes in different shades along with a nail art pen to help outline and define the pattern. Check out this super cool nail tutorial on how to do your own tribal nail pattern.
embedded by Embedded Video
So, you’ve just received your Victoria’s Secret bikinis in the mail and you’ve got your new beach tote packed to the brim with sunscreen, aloe vera gel, a bright lipgloss and your favorite designer beach towel. One thing you cannot leave home without this summer is a great bikini wax. Nothing dampers a sexy bikini or swimsuit more than unsightly hairs down there. The answer to this issue lives at your local salon or spa. Here are some great tips to help you get the smooth, hair-free bikini zone just in time for that pool party or beach day!
- Always choose a reputable salon or spa. You don’t want to get a bikini wax done at your local nail salon as most nail salons are not as sterile an environment as is needed to perform safe waxing.
- Do NOT schedule your waxing appointment the week before your period as your skin is thinner and your pain receptors are at their peak meaning you will have a tougher time handling the waxing procedure.
- Before you arrive to your appointment, do a quick cleaning down below with wet wipes or a feminine wipe. It’s important that you keep that area clean and fresh as you will be exposing your private space to a perfect stranger. Also you want to keep the area as clean as possible so as to limit infection and irritation.
- Always go with hard wax when doing your bikini area. Waxing strips are too painful as they sometimes remove the top layer of skin when pulled which can lead to scarring, bleeding and discomfort. Hard wax works best because it removes the hair directly from the hair follicle without damaging the surrounding skin.
- If you are prone to ingrown hairs, ask the esthetician to lightly dust the bikini area with baby powder as this helps to lessen the incidence of ingrown hairs and bumps.
- Work on your breathing to help minimize the pain as the esthetician removes the hard wax. As she/he pulls the wax, you will want to exhale. Breathe in when she’s applying the wax, and breathe out when she’s removing it. This small step makes the entire experience bearable.
- Be sure to wait 24 hours after your wax procedure before using any ingrown hair balms, creams or gels.
- Before hitting the pool or the beach, apply a little extra sunscreen or sun lotion on the area to help prevent burning, irritation and discoloration.
Okay so this past weekend I had to break down and buy some new jeans as my current lived-in pair are worse for the wear. I headed to Old Navy and checked out their latest styles. I spotted a super cool pair of cropped Boyfriend jeans that looked both chic and casual and perfect for summer. I tried them on and was immediately in love with the fit, styling and wash. I love these jeans. You can wear them with flats or dress them up with platform heels or wedges. You can find a boyfriend jean in every price point from designer to mass market and they come in a wide variety of washes, styles and sizes. They are super flattering, easy to wear and really a great staple for summer!