In 1854, Louis Vuitton Malletier founded a French fashion house and the rest is history. The well-known signature LV monogram identifies the current Louis Vuitton label.
Louis Vuitton has been dubbed the most valuable luxury brand in the world since 2006, valued at $25.9 billion. LV never sells their products at a sale price. Never.
Louis Vuitton items are sold in boutiques and high-end stores internationally. The LV headquarters is based in Florence, Italy. There are a wide variety of items carrying the signature LV couture including but not limited to:
· Luxury trunks, which each take about sixty hours to make by hand
· Leather goods including wallets, coin purses, agendas and card holders
· Handbags, which are made by hand
· Suitcases, which each take about fifteen hours to make by hand
· Shoes and sandals
· Accessories including belts and scarves
· A collection of pens
On to Handbags
LV signature handbags are classic and timeless. They make a fashion statement and are treasured by the lucky owner. The most famous of the Louis Vuitton handbags are the classic Speedy bag and the Neverfull bag.
The unique features of a Louis Vuitton handbag include:
· Each handbag is made by hand, which justifies the high price tag.
· The handbags are unique in that they each have a serial number hidden along the seam.
· Real LV bags are made from one continuous piece of fabric.
Speedy and Neverfull Bags
The most iconic of the Louis Vuitton handbags are the classic Speedy bag and the Neverfull bag. Each has the extraordinary Louis Vuitton qualities but each has their own unique style and charm.
The Speedy bag was first created in the 1930s but then became very popular after it was redesigned for Audrey Hepburn in the 1960s. Defining characteristics of the Speedy bag include:
· The canvas and calfskin bag is monogrammed with signature LV.
· This is the true classic LV product.
· The bag comes in four different sizes.
· This classic bag matches everything from jeans to a LBD (little black dress).
· It literally lasts forever.
· The larger size, especially, can be used as a travel bag.
· It is pricey ($775-2670) but worth the investment over a lifetime.
The Neverfull bag is a true classic LV product. It has some identifying characteristics, which make it a special handbag:
· This handbag is an open top tote style.
· It is completely reversible, which doubles its versatility.
· The bag can be folded in at the sides to change style.
· It is a pricey purchase, which runs about $800.
It is estimated that 99% of Louis Vuitton bags that are seen in circulation throughout the world are fake. LV is the most popular brand to counterfeit. To that end, Louis Vuitton burns all leftover handbags at the end of the year to avoid dealing with discounting them. Interestingly, Chanel also burns their leftover goods at the end of each year.
Louis Vuitton Styles
LV offers a collection of handbags that will suit any wardrobe need. Beyond the Speedy and Neverfull styles, there are other basic categories:
· Top handles
· Shoulder bags and Totes
· Cross body bags
· Mini Bags
When someone purchases a Louis Vuitton handbag, they are making a personal and financial commitment to a high-quality product that will bring them many years of enjoyable and stylish use.
Henry Stevens is an avid blogger and contributor to ShopBellaBag.com, a leading online retailer of used Louis Vuitton handbags.