Have you ever wondered how to get that healthy, happy glow you see on so many celebrities these days? Organic beauty products can help you achieve a natural-looking beauty. While the Kardashian sisters would have you believe otherwise, makeup can be used to enhance natural beauty without it looking like you’ve painted your face or used makeup to alter your image. You can apply makeup using colors and textures that highlight the freshness of your own look. Using organic products, follow this 7-step process for the perfect natural look:
- Start with a clean, dry face. Apply makeup in bright light.
- Moisturize your skin with a gentle, organic moisturizer, preferably one with SPF protection of at least 15
- If you choose to wear foundation, choose one that is right for your skin type (dry, oily, balanced) while matching in shade. Lightly apply the foundation and blend carefully. You often need less foundation than you think, so start with a small amount and add more if needed. The foundation should even out your color (yellow tones work best to even out tone without adding color).
- Lightly apply blush to the apples of your cheeks. Blush should be creamy and in a shade close to or one shade darker than your natural lip color.
- Choose an eye shadow color that is just a shade or two darker than your skin color, or stick to browns, taupes, and plums to enhance your eyes without looking too made up.
- Instead of thick, goopy eyeliner and mascara, try a clear mascara that lengthens your lashes. Skip the liner completely. If your eyes fade without a little more enhancement, consider gray or brown liner instead of dark black. If you do use liner, you can add just a smudge at your top lashes rather than line your whole eye for a softer, more natural look.
- Lightly tint lips or choose a clear gloss.
Organic beauty products are a great choice for women who want to wear makeup to enhance their beauty but don’t want to look like they’ve spent hours in front of the mirror. A more natural look in any kind of lighting can be achieved by choosing products that closely match and complement your skin tone and color while also focusing on taking steps to achieve a healthier lifestyle.
Maintaining a natural look with the use of organic makeup has become quite popular with celebrities, but even celebs will tell you that achieving natural beauty starts long before you sit in front of the makeup table. Skin is most beautiful when it is well-nourished, hydrated, and protected from the sun, so natural beauty begins with eating the best foods for your skin (such as lots of fruits and veggies), exercising regularly, drinking plenty of water, and using a moisturizing face cream with SPF protection of 15 or higher. Once you’ve laid the foundation for natural beauty through healthy lifestyle choices – including abstaining from smoking and suntanning – you can then use organic beauty products to enhance the look you are trying to achieve.
Kelly Reed is a professional blogger that enjoys providing consumers with beauty advice. She writes for Luminess Air, a leading airbrush makeup systems manufacturer.