Just in time for the sizzling sexy summer season, Rihanna is set to launch her long-awaited summer makeup collection with MAC. Rihanna fanatics and MAC aficionados can purchase the collection online and in stores beginning June 20th. The Rihanna Summer MAC Collection includes:
- RiRi Woo – a classic cool blue red, $15
- Heaux – a muted berry red, $15
- RiRi Boy -a vivid lavender violet, $15
- Hibiscus Bronze and Blush Duo, $26
- Lustre Drops in Rose Gold, $20
I was scrolling through Twitter yesterday when I happened to click on a Tweet from Jordin Sparks. She was sending a shout-out to Fashion Fair for sending her a gorgeous pink lipstick and gloss that was truly magnetic! The color literally jumped off the screen of my iPhone! I have to have that pink! I decided to check out the lip color and went to the Fashion Fair website. The color is called Divine Pink and it’s part of a limited-edition collection for the 2000′s. Each collection has a signature pink lipstick, lip gloss, nail polish and blush. There are four collections, Foxy 70′s, Fresh 80′s, Sensual 90′s and Divine 2000′s. I can’t wait to get my hands on this gorgeous collection!
Fashion magazines used to be all women had to turn to for beauty advice, but thanks to modern technology, ladies now have many helpful and fun beauty apps for iPhone to find the best skincare, hair styling or makeup products.
Below are 8 great beauty apps for iPhone and what they can do for you:
With this app, users snap or upload a photo and try on different hairstyles to get ideas for the next hairdo, or maybe just to have a laugh with friends. With the Hairstyle app for iPhone, you can save favorites to share with your stylist, choosing from 235+ hairstyles and more than 50 different shades.
2. MakeUp Free—
Ever wonder how professional makeup artists give celebrities and models the different looks they rock on the red carpet? Or maybe you’re looking for a flattering, naturally beautiful look but don’t know how to achieve it? If so, MakeUp Free is an app that can help you. With 300 free how-to videos and makeup tips explained and demonstrated by the pros, users can learn how to get any look they desire.
3. Natural Beauty Tips—
This app is especially helpful for for fans of chemical-free, holistic beauty products, giving users 160 skin care tips using only ingredients found in nature. If you have sensitive skin that doesn’t tolerate harsh, man-made chemicals well, Natural Beauty Tips would be a great app to help you find natural mask recipes and gentle skin care tips.
Read the rest of this entry »
While all men should take good care of their skin to keep it healthy and looking smooth, African-American men have particular skincare needs and shaving issues that can be easily addressed with an appropriate skincare regimen. Because of the growth pattern and natural curl, for example, African-American skin can be more prone to bumps and ingrown hairs. Dry skin and hyper-pigmentation can also cause problems, making it important to keep skin smooth and moisturized. The good news is that all of these problems are easily remedied or avoided with proper skincare habits. Below are some helpful tips to keep African-American skin looking and feeling great:
1. Cleansing is Crucial— The number one tip for any good skincare regimen is to get into a good daily cleansing routine. Sometimes you’re tired at the end of a day and you may want to flop into bed without washing your face, but you must stay vigilant. To keep your pores from clogging and razor bumps from forming, consistent cleansing is an especially important habit to maintain.
2. Moisturizing is Mighty— Many people have dry skin, but with African-American skin, this dryness can cause an uncomfortable tight or itchy feeling and a grayish tone to the dry areas of the skin. Use a daily oil-free moisturizer, and be sure to buy a lotion specifically for sensitive skin if scented skin products bother you. Also: Use a gentle dermatologist-recommended soap to wash your face (instead of harsh deodorant body soap) and take warm showers rather than hot to help keep skin from drying out.
Read the rest of this entry »
So, you’ve just received your Victoria’s Secret bikinis in the mail and you’ve got your new beach tote packed to the brim with sunscreen, aloe vera gel, a bright lipgloss and your favorite designer beach towel. One thing you cannot leave home without this summer is a great bikini wax. Nothing dampers a sexy bikini or swimsuit more than unsightly hairs down there. The answer to this issue lives at your local salon or spa. Here are some great tips to help you get the smooth, hair-free bikini zone just in time for that pool party or beach day!
- Always choose a reputable salon or spa. You don’t want to get a bikini wax done at your local nail salon as most nail salons are not as sterile an environment as is needed to perform safe waxing.
- Do NOT schedule your waxing appointment the week before your period as your skin is thinner and your pain receptors are at their peak meaning you will have a tougher time handling the waxing procedure.
- Before you arrive to your appointment, do a quick cleaning down below with wet wipes or a feminine wipe. It’s important that you keep that area clean and fresh as you will be exposing your private space to a perfect stranger. Also you want to keep the area as clean as possible so as to limit infection and irritation.
- Always go with hard wax when doing your bikini area. Waxing strips are too painful as they sometimes remove the top layer of skin when pulled which can lead to scarring, bleeding and discomfort. Hard wax works best because it removes the hair directly from the hair follicle without damaging the surrounding skin.
- If you are prone to ingrown hairs, ask the esthetician to lightly dust the bikini area with baby powder as this helps to lessen the incidence of ingrown hairs and bumps.
- Work on your breathing to help minimize the pain as the esthetician removes the hard wax. As she/he pulls the wax, you will want to exhale. Breathe in when she’s applying the wax, and breathe out when she’s removing it. This small step makes the entire experience bearable.
- Be sure to wait 24 hours after your wax procedure before using any ingrown hair balms, creams or gels.
- Before hitting the pool or the beach, apply a little extra sunscreen or sun lotion on the area to help prevent burning, irritation and discoloration.